Explosion-proof light and sound signaling device PGSK03 is intended to send sound and light signals with the purpose of indication of operation modes of the equipment and to draw people‘s attention in emergency and other situations.
Piezo-siren is used in PGSK03 signaling devices for generation of sound signals. 8 light emitting diodes of high brightness are used as a source of light signals. Power supply can be selected depending on the version – 12, 24 V DC and ~220 V AC.
PGSK03 explosion-proof signaling device has 3 operating modes:
• Stand-by mode – green indicator is ON, indicating that the device is switched on and ready for operation;
• Warning mode – intermittent mode for sound and light signalization (duration of the impulse – 0,5 s - 1 s; interval between signals - 0,5 s - 1 s);
• Emergency signalization – constant mode for sound and light signalization.
Combination of lights signals is selected upon customer’s request.
Full production cycle from foundry patterns to finished products is carried out by explosion-proof equipment plant “ZAVOD GORELTEX” Co. Ltd. (former “CORTEM-GORELTEX” Co. Ltd) in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Scope of application – outdoor and indoor hazardous areas as per explosion protection marking, GOST 30852.13-2002 (IEC 60079-14:1996), regulating application of electrical equipment in hazardous and non-hazardous areas at dangerous production facilities of I, II, III, IV hazard class supervised by Rostechnadzor and national technical supervision bodies of the CIS countries.
|PGSK03||-||Х||-||Х||-||Х||-||Х||/||Х||– TU 3400-005-72453807-07|
|Name of device|
|Supply voltage: 12 V - 12DC; 24 V - 24DC; ~220 V - 220AC|
|Color of intermittent mode of operation of light indication:
К - red, ZH - yellow, Z - green
|Color of constant mode of operation of light indication:
К - red, ZH - yellow, Z - green
|Dimension type of cable gland|
|Options, accessories and versions|
Example: PGSK03-220AC-Z-К-KNV1N-TU 3400-005-72453807-07
According to GOST R IEC 60073-2000, sound signals may be applied in cases when:
– it is required to draw an operator‘s attention;
– coded information will be short, simple and transient;
– the information requires immediate time-dependent answer;
– application of visual signal is limited;
– the situation is critical and it requires additional or redundant information.
The sound signal may consist of pure or complex tones. The sound signal must be audible and easily recognized by operators and people in the set area of signal reception and at set background noise conditions. Signals must be different from the emergency signal, as per ISO 8201 part 7.
Sound signals of different types must be clearly distinguishable from each other. Limited audibility of signals must be also taken into account in cases, when employees wear protective devices or earphones, as well as people with hearing impairment.
General rules of identification of sound signals when coding the information:
1. Continuous, sharply intensifying sound means danger (danger to the safety of people or equipment), critical (process status), malfunction (equipment status).
2. Intermittent sound with constant interval means attention (safety of people or equipment), transient (process status), transient (equipment status).
3. Constant sound with permanent level means safety (safety of people or equipment), normal (process status), normal (equipment status).
4. Interchanging sounds have special meaning, as per technological documentation.
5. Other sounds do not have special meaning and cannot be easily identified by operators, not desirable.
To prevent sound overpressure of operators, it is required to use minimum amount of sounds of different kind in this application.
Intermittent sound signal may be used in some particular cases (for example, in case of change of dangerous or transient state to a safe state).
Sound signals should not be applied in case of safe state (silence).